The Global Romanian Society of Young Professionals (GRASP) is an open network that brings together those who are constantly involved in changing Romania by contributing to the improvement of public policies, by encouraging knowledge transfer and active citizenship.
The idea emerged in 2006 from the desire to enable connections among people who work on similar topics but live in different locations. And so the adventure started …
- 2008, November– big launch in Budapest (Hungary) as most of the founders were studying at the Central European University. The launch event gathered more than 50 students and young professionals coming from over 12 countries. This is when the activity range was firstly defined
- 2009, October – headquartered in Bucharest (Romania) we gained legal recognition as a non-profit and non-partisan organization under the name of GRSPSociety
- 2010 – GRSPSociety significant organic growth
- 2011 – a significant rebranding process was put in place; the name changed to GRASP (Global Romanian Society of Young Professionals)
- 2012 – effervescent activity, significant number of projects taking place and increased public exposure
- 2013 – first Follow-up of the International Annual Conference focused on Human Capital and took place in Bucharest at the National Bank of Romania (BNR). Furthermore, the core team went through structural changes.The most promising projects and actions were selected in order to ensure a sustainable growth
- 2014 – a new local chapter in Brussels in March and the year just started so stay tuned and come join the adventure.
- Same year, in Copenhagen was held the 7th annual conference within the Project Romania 2020, themed « Communities for success »
- 2015 – the foundations for a new local chapter in Vienna are settled.
- A new project under the Mentorship for Success brand is developed by a Romanian team from different locations. The project ”Mentori pentru Excelență” aims to offer high school students a mentorship program for a better studying experience abroad.